Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Goals

Hello weight-loss followers! I want to say, first, that despite how insanely busy I've been, I've really missed writing in here. I forgot how much it keeps me on track and makes me feel like I'm not just changing my own life, but hopefully changing one of yours. So I'm really going to try to keep up with this more.

When I weighed in last week, I weighed 201.8. That's about a 10 pound gain since August. It was my breaking point - I'm getting this under control right now. Seeing that 2 in front of my weight again just reminded me that I won't be able to ever go into auto-pilot. I got to 230 pounds for a reason, and it wasn't because I didn't know how to eat healthy. It was because I love food to much and I thought I could have that extra (insert tempting food here). And it's not ok. I'm not going back to where I was. Yes, this is a setback - but if it took this setback to get me going again, then that's ok. This week already, I've been back on plan, and I've worked out 3 times.

So, obviously, I'm going to have to set some new goals for myself. Goals are what keep me moving forward no matter what I want to do. Here's my new long-term goal - 170 by my birthday (April 5). I'll be 25 - that's a big deal, I think. And I want to be able to look back on pictures of my birthday without saying, "AHHHH, I was so fat!" I want to look and feel fabulous. So - that's about 32 pounds in the next 4 months and 2 weeks. That's about 8 pounds a month - it will not be easy. But it is possible. It will take a lot of work. But it is possible.

I also have a short-term goal. At least 5 pounds lost by January 1st. I know that it will be hard to lose a lot of weight over the holiday season. BUT I need to lose at least a little weight before the start of the year, or my long-term goal won't be possible.

So, the Holiday Season. EVERY DIETERS NIGHTMARE. But I am armed with some tips to help keep you in the right direction. Are you ready?!?!
1. WORK OUT. This is so simple - when you burn more calories, you get to eat more! Go running, do crunches, lift weights - whatever you can do. This way you can allow yourself to have a little slice of pie or glass of wine.
2. COOK. Yep! Find low-fat recipes of the holiday foods you love. That way you don't feel like you're missing out.
3. SMALL PORTIONS. If you think you'll die without stuffing, have a small portion. That's why we do things like work out and make low-fat foods.
4. PLAN AHEAD. When you know you're going over to somebody's house, bring something healthy you know you can eat. Think veggie or fruit trays, or even some of those low-fat recipes we talked about. Personally, I'm bringing WW pumpkin pie and WW green bean casserole. Want the recipes? Just ask!

Love you guys - thank you for taking time out of your life to read this. And as always, thank you for giving me the support I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment