Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weigh-in day 17!

194.5! Ahhh, back on the weight loss train. That's 1.5 pounds this week, and 32.9 pounds since September. Feels good to be safely out of the 200's and far past 30 pounds!

I think one of the reasons I got off the program for awhile is that my daily points went down 2 points, and I didn't have a lot of time to combat that with going to the gym. For those of you not on Weight Watchers, once you lose a certain amount of weight, your daily points value goes down to help you continue to lose weight. It's a bit of a shock at first because you feel a lot hungrier than you did on the previous weekly points value. And you, obviously, can't eat as much. So, when I saw that my points went down, I wasn't quite ready to make that extra commitment. It's kind of daunting - you don't think 2 points can make that much of a difference, but it really does. But once I decided to buckle down, it's clear the system works! And it really wasn't that bad, since I got to work out a little this week. Let's hope next week goes the same way!

Something that really helps me is being honest with the people around me about my life. I got a compliment from a woman at church on Sunday about my weight, and she asked what I was doing. I said Weight Watchers, although I fluctuate with how serious I am about it. Mostly, though, I'm just changing my lifestyle. No more fast food (unless absolutely necessary, and even then it's chicken sandwiches and salad), no more fried food, much less red meat and just generally more healthy food. People at the restaurant ask me what I suggest, and I usually suggest healthier things. When they ask about stuff I can't eat, I'm honest and say I can't eat it. Trying to hide your diet won't help you - you'll need support and people around you to keep you accountable. So don't be afraid or embarrassed about your diet - you're changing something about you that you don't like. Who wants to hide the fact that they have the the guts to make a huge change?

Thanks for following and being my support system!!

No comments:

Post a Comment