Friday, September 24, 2010

Weigh-in day 21

Ok - blogging nation, I apologize. I weighed myself today for the first time in 5 WEEKS. Which is why I have not been blogging. I've been too worried to even look at my weight because I was afraid I gained so much. I have not at all been following my plan. (I also started writing this on Friday - sorry it's taken so long to post!)

BUT - when I did weigh myself today, I've only gained 2.6 pounds. In the last five weeks! Sure, this is nothing to throw a party for, but it could be LOTS worse. Weight Watchers considers "maintaining" your weight staying with 2 pounds in either direction. So I stayed pretty closed to those guidelines. Now, here's what this weight gain shows me. 1) How easy it is to put on weight when you're not monitoring yourself. Even when I reach my goal weight, I'm going to have to be active about keeping myself from gaining it back. 2 pounds a month leads to 5 pounds a month, which leads to 10 pounds a month, which leads to being almost 100 pounds overweight. This will not happen. 2) Confidence level can make a big difference. I thought I had gained 5 or more pounds, and I was feeling miserable about myself. I FELT like my clothes fit worse, I FELT like I looked bad in my clothes. But I didn't gain enough weight for any of that to happen. Because my confidence level changed, the way I saw myself changed. So - if I'm not confident, I actually gain weight, not lose it.

Right now, I know I'm too busy to really buckle down. I'm in the process of moving this week. However, starting next week, I'll be living on my own. I'll have my own kitchen, which means my own groceries and my own food decisions 100% of the time. While I've been living with my mom, I have had both temptation to eat badly and encouragement to eat well. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on my own. Also, my boyfriend and I are going to find a gym near my new house. But honestly, it's not as high on my list of priorities as shopping for things like furniture or other house furniture. However - I wanted to give you guys (and myself!) an update. Thanks for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment