Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weigh-in Day, Feb. 10

199.4. I'm sorry - did you catch that? 1-9-9. Under 200 again!! I lost 1.2 pounds this week - so I guess I didn't overestimate my weight loss last week after all! That makes me very happy.

In 4 weeks I have lost 5.8 pounds. A little behind my 2 pounds per week goal, but still losing weight at a steady, healthy pace. To quote Courtney, a Biggest Loser contestant this season, "As long as the number is going down, I'm happy." And I really am. I know I'm gaining muscle mass and losing fat, and losing inches and pounds in the process. I won't get caught up in the fact that the number isn't decreasing as fast as I would like. The goal is there to motivate me - and it is definitely doing that. I mean really, if I'm anywhere NEAR 160 pounds by the end of June, do you think I'm going to complain?! No no.

Here are my assessments of my other goals this past week:
Thursday 2/3 - 5 fruits and veggies
Friday 2/4 - 4 fruits and veggies, worked out with trainer
Saturday 2/5 - 4 fruits and veggies, worked out (step class)
Sunday 2/6 - 3 fruits and veggies, cooked Moroccan chicken kabobs and seven-layer mexican dip
Monday 2/7 - 5 fruits and veggies, worked out (dance game)
Tuesday 2/8 - 5 fruits and veggies, worked out (running)
Wednesday 2/9 - 5 fruits and veggies, worked out with trainer

All in all - 5 days of working out, plus cooking while using one new recipe, and only one day where I didn't meet at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies. I had made the bean dip before, but it was a delicious Superbowl treat that everybody liked. They were all surprised that it was low-fat. The Moroccan chicken kabobs turned out really nicely, too. Not spicy, but instead flavored with cinnamon and orange juice (among other things). I've been munching on the leftovers all week! Let me know if you want either recipe.

Not to say that this week was all smooth sailing. On Tuesday, I was feeling really tired and DID NOT want to work out at all. I overslept for the Zumba class that I've started taking, and would have been perfectly content laying on the couch in front of my television all day long. But I knew if I didn't at least work out a little bit I would feel disappointed in myself and also I would'nt have as many points to use on food later. So, I dragged myself up and made myself work out. It was only for about 40 minutes, but I still did something. There will always be days when your bed seems like a far better option than the gym. And I'm sure that I will succumb to that temptation more than once in the future. BUT - don't let yourself get out of the habit of working out. I'm sure those of you that are on this journey with me know how difficult it is to start over again once you've fallen off the wagon. Those of you that are currently off the wagon - it IS possible to make your health a habit again. There are always changes you can make that can and will change the way that you feel.

Keep reading! Lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment