Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weigh-in Day, Mar. 10!

196.6. -0.8 lb. That's a little frustrating. I can't pretend that I'm thrilled with this number. I didn't get to work out on Saturday, and I usually burn a lot of calories that day. I tried to make up for it on other days, but there's only so much you can do.

But - like Courtney on the Biggest Loser - the number went down, so I'm satisfied. I said all this last week - I'm gaining lean muscle mass and losing fat. I'm not remaining static, and I'm certainly not gaining weight. My friend Katy, whose journey has been pretty similar to mine, reminded me that a pound is a pound. Another friend mentioned to me today that the weight looks like it's falling off of me. Why do I feel like I have to do more, lose more, work harder? THIS IS HARD. It will always be hard. I can do my best every week - and as long as my best lets me lose weight, I should celebrate that. The only way I'm going to get to where I want to be is for it to be hard. Because I can either have emotional pain for the rest of my life, or I can have physical pain right now. I'm pretty sure I know which one is better.

Let's focus on something positive - the past 3 days, I have done something EVERY DAY that I didn't know i could do before. On Monday, I ran a half mile without stopping - in 6 minutes. For those of you who run, you know that's not exactly fast. But I don't remember ever running a half mile outside of gym class. And I did it! Not even 2 months ago, I couldn't run for 2 minutes without feeling like I was going to pass out. And now I'm halfway to being able to run a mile! On Tuesday, I ran for 2 minutes at 6 miles per hour. Usually I run at a max of 5 mph. I just thought - I wonder if I can? And I did! And yesterday, my trainer had me do hamstring curls on a stability ball. I've always watched other people do those - and laughed at the vision in my head of me attempting to do it and failing. In case you don't know - here's what they look like -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxiSNgdD6No

So, they're HARD! It wasn't easy to do them, and I'm certainly sore today, but it wasn't impossible. I love pushing myself - I love seeing what I can do now.

Goals for this week:
Thursday Mar. 3 - 4 fruits and veggies
Friday Mar. 4 - 5 fruits and veggies, worked out with trainer
Saturday Mar. 5 - 4 fruits and veggies
Sunday Mar. 6 - 3 fruits and veggies
Monday Mar. 7 - 4 fruits and veggies, worked out with trainer, tried a new recipe (tilapia puttanesca)
Tuesday Mar. 8 - 5 fruits and veggies, worked out (running)
Wednesday Mar. 9 - 3 fruits and veggies, worked out with trainer

So, a little better than last week on the fruits and veggies, but not as much working out. Which I knew was going to happen - March is crazy busy! This Monday I leave to go on vacation for a few days, and I hope to do my best while I'm there. My hotel has a gym, and although I know there will be more eating and drinking than usual, I'm hoping the gym and walking around will help counteract it. All I can do is give it my best and see what happens!

Don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment