Friday, February 10, 2012

Weigh-in Day, February 9

I'm sure many of you are wondering where I have been! These last few weeks have been frustrating. So here's what has happened to me over the last 2 weeks.

Yesterday, I weighed in at 184.6. This is a pound down from 2 weeks ago. I went up and down, gaining and losing weight every day it seemed. I worked out some, but not enough. I ate well sometimes, but not enough. I was not having a great time of it. And it seems like even when I try REALLY hard, I can't lose weight like I want to. So I've decided to make a big change over the next month to kick me into high gear.

So I've decided - No drinking til St. Patrick's Day. It's not that I drink often, but it inhibits my ability to eat well. I have fewer inhibitions and I feel much less terrible about eating badly. And I usually drink late at night, which makes it harder for me to get up early and work out in the morning. I think this is the best way for me to kick my body into some weight loss, and keep me on my diet plan until I get a little more used to it.

Tonight's the first Friday night! I'll let you know how it goes! I have already worked out today, so that's a start.

In other exiting news - I run a 10K tomorrow!! 6.2 miles. I'm hoping to finish in about 70 minutes. That's about 11 minutes miles, with a couple minutes of wiggle room. I hope the adrenaline of the race helps push me. I know I can run 3 miles pretty easily, but doubling that is tricky! I'm anxious because it's supposed to be REALLY cold, but I don't think that will bother me for too long.

More updates to come soon! Thank you all for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment