Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dealing with Busyness

AHHHHH I know I've been a slacker about blogging!! I haven't given up! But I have been SUPER busy. Here's why: The last few days of March I made a surprise visit to Texas. I did my best to make good food choices, but there was lots of celebratory drinking. And I was in Texas for my weigh-in day, so I didn't get on my regular scale. And since each scale is a little different, I didn't count that weigh-in day.

Then, the Monday after Texas was my birthday! And again, I made smarter food choices than would have this time last year. BUT I did eat a little more than I usually would. And again, celebratory drinks with friends. So last week when I weighed in I had gained 1.3 pounds. Considering the 2 weeks before, I thought that was pretty good. Weight Watchers considers "maintaining" your weight to be within 2 pounds of your weight. So - I maintained to the most part.

My weigh-in day tomorrow I'm kind of dreading. On one hand, I need to get back on the horse big time. On the other, I hate feeling like I'm moving away from my goal. I know, I know - as long as I don't let my momentum go out the window and give up because I haven't lost a lot lately, it will be fine. And in that vein, my friend Sarah and I went to the gym today. I had a free guest pass from the gym as a birthday gift, and she went with me to my Body Flow class. Now, let me say, my friend Sarah has ALWAYS pushed me when it comes to being fit. And now she's in the best shape I've ever seen her in. And she left the class saying, "Wow, that was tough!" It made me feel really good that I go every week and work hard there.

I need 2 things to change for me to continue losing weight. 1 - I need a better way for me to track my points. Some days I come home and I crash, and I don't have the energy to log all my points. And a lot of times, I don't get to my computer in the middle of the day. So I'm looking for the Weight Watchers iphone/ipod touch app. That way, anywhere there's wireless, even if I don't have my computer, I can figure out how many points I have left for the day.
2 - I need to get to the gym more often. I'm working at the restaurant more, and I'm teaching more. These are great financial things that I've been blessed with, but I need to learn to balance that with taking care of myself physically. So, in short, I need to learn to wake up early and get to the gym. I know how to wake up early if I have to - but every time I say, "I'm going to go to the gym early!" somehow, the snooze button keeps getting hit and then I have no time. So - I'm asking for help. (Yes, Mom, I know it's shocking!) I know I have friends who wake up early, so I might ask one of you one day to call me until I'm awake. Until I make myself get in that habit, it won't happen.

So I know what I need to change - all that's left is to do it! Love you all and thank you so much for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Are you still having problems getting up early? I have this problem too... big time. Do you wanna alternate days or weeks calling each other?

    Also, I don't have an iphone yet but Mical does and we're obviously annoyingly inseparable, so he downloaded the iphone WW app onto his phone for me. It's great for me because I have the memory of a goldfish. I log in my points quickly and easily with the help of that app. I've only found one flaw, apparently the entire database of foods and drinks that you can find on ww.com are not on the app. For example, it's been hard for me to find wendy's or subway points for those american chains. For some reason, the Canadian versions are on there, but not always the U.S. versions. This may have been fixed now since they did perform a software update for the app recently, but I'm not positive. Regardless, I highly recommend getting it if you're having problems finding the time/motivation to enter your points.

    Also, I love you and miss you already.

    ReplyDelete