Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ups and Downs

Greetings weight-loss followers! Sorry for the sporadic posts - this week has been crazy! I started my new job, I have 3 new students this week, and I've been going to the gym quite a bit.

So, Wednesday-Friday of this week, I had great days. I went to the gym Wednesday and Thursday, stuck to the diet and was feeling great. Friday I had happy hour drinks with a friend at a mexican restaurant, and had a few too many tortilla chips, but refrained from enchiladas and tacos! Even Saturday morning, I got up early to go another Body Flow (tai-chi, yoga, pilates) class. But Saturday night, alcohol became involved. Alcohol-influenced food decisions are BAD. I drank half of my calories for the day plus about 10 extra WW points. And, if it had been up to me (I didn't drive), I would have probably picked up fast food on the way home. Luckily, my driver held me accountable. I still had way too big of a snack when I got home. And I woke up today feeling frustrated and guilty. I didn't mean to drink so much, but drinks at dinner turned into drinks at the comedy show and then meeting up with friends at a bar . . . it just snowballed. I very rarely drink like this anymore, and I'm sure it's one of the reasons I've been able to keep weight off since I left Texas.

Part of me wants to give up for this week, and just eat whatever I want. But I know that it would cancel out all the hard work I've already done. So, tomorrow I go back to the gym. And for today, I had a slice of pizza for dinner, with a salad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment