Monday, May 10, 2010

Weigh-in day 13!

Okay, so this post is late, BUT I did actually weigh-in on the correct day and . . . . .200.2!!! I've hit my 10% weight loss goal, which means I lost 10% of my body weight!! Two weeks ago I was 202.5, and that was before I went back to Texas and ate pretty badly. I'm slightly frustrated that I'm not quite yet in the 190's, but hitting 200 is a big deal for me. I NEVER want to see that number again!!

The entire month of April, I basically just tried to maintain. There was a lot of traveling and my birthday, house-sitting, etc. so I just decided to do my best to make good choices and work out when I could. April 7th I weighed in at 204.1, so that means I managed to lose about a pound a week! This is the huge thing about that - I'm managing to change my eating habits. Without really watching my points, I still managed to lose weight at a healthy (but not snail) pace. This is not a diet for me - this is me making myself healthy and happy for the long haul.

Here's some perks of losing JUST 10% of your body weight:
1) A healthier heart - you lower your cholesterol and blood pressure, which are two major risk factors for heart disease.
2) lower risk of type 2 diabetes - you improve your body's ability to use the insulin it already makes.
3) mental edge - it can give you the self-confidence and motivation to keep going! Take the time to congratulate yourself for this - it's a big accomplishment! Success builds on success - if you don't celebrate your successes, you'll forget how much you've accomplished.
4) you have more energy and you'll feel better!

Thank you all for your support! I REALLY will try to be better about posting now that I'm wanting to really get serious about keeping track of my points again. Don't be afraid to hold me accountable! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment