Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Milestones and Stumbling Blocks

I'm going to start with the stumbling blocks. I'm not really sure how much I weighed last week - I didn't get to weigh myself at the normal time because of my vacation this weekend. But, I think I actually gained a little weight. I'm not why - I worked out the normal amount, I thought I stuck to my diet. Now, I did go back to eating chips. I didn't think that would affect my weight so much! But maybe it was something else - I'm going to have to go back and review my points tracker.

Now, on top of that, I just got back from a 4 and a half day trip to my college town. The place where I gained 70 pounds. And as much as I LOVE seeing my friends that still live there - there's SO much temptation for me in that place. All my favorite fast food places, favorite restaurants with the horrible food I used to eat, and bars. Bars everywhere - that's the only thing to do there, it seems like. Not to mention, it was a festival weekend, and there was fair food EVERYWHERE.

It was too much for me. I gave in. Too much drinking, too much bad food, not enough exercising. And honestly? It wasn't so great. I woke up every day feeling awful. Stomach cramps, bloating, you name it. I actually CRAVED salad when I got home. One day back to my diet and I'm feeling so much better! Even though every choice I made was mine, I really regret them now. And now fixing the problem is only up to me. In a weird way, I'm kind of glad this happened. It really showed me how easy it is to backslide. And I realized yesterday, there's only a month a half to Bonnaroo! I have a lot of work to do!!

Today, I got right back on track. Cooked healthy dinner and bought LOTS of fruits and veggies at the grocery store tonight. Also, I made some big strides at the gym today. First of all, I ran for EIGHT MINUTES without stopping. That's 2/3 of a mile! I also ran a total of 2.5 miles in 40 minutes. I usually cut my runs off at 30 minutes, so the fact that I could keep going is very exciting. New goal - run a mile before Bonnaroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment