Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Something Different

Hey guys!

I've been breaking my own rule of only weighing myself once a week lately, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose a little weight. But not enough to get me down to where I was before the birthday celebrations. Now, I have 2 weeks before I leave for Texas (get excited, Texas readers!) and I wanted to be under 190 before then. How can I do that? Well, I'm doing something drastic.

ONE WEEK WITHOUT CHIPS. (Okay, so maybe that was a little dramatic. But if you know me, you know that I wish I could live on chips and salsa.) Seriously, though. I will not eat chips for an entire week. Now, you notice that I am not cutting out carbs - just the empty ones. In fact, here is a list of the carbs that I CAN eat:
whole wheat bread (or any kind - bagels, tortillas, etc.)
whole wheat pasta
whole grain cereal
brown rice
96% fat free light butter popcorn

I allowed myself one splurge - in popcorn. I usually eat it as my snack at night, and it's very low in calories. That's my one treat!! Anyway - your body needs carbs for energy - what it doesn't need is empty processed carbs that have no nutrients in them. White bread and chips are the biggest culprits for Americans. I already eat wheat bread, so now I want to try to cut out chips.

I'm not saying that chips can't be part of a healthy diet - but I know that I rely on them too much. Plus, I'm not good at controlling my portions of chips. I will munch on them without thinking, and end up eating about twice the portion size. So, my hope is that cutting them out will force me to find new, healthier things to eat. And help me be better in control of my portion size!!

ONE WEEK WITHOUT CHIPS begins TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment