Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weigh-in Day, April 21

190.6! Oh my gosh!!! Down 3.6 pounds from last week!!!

You know what the craziest thing is? I wasn't even perfect! Saturday night I had tiramisu at a restaurant. Sunday I had steak and baked beans and had drinks with friends. I JUST CUT OUT CHIPS. I cut a large amount of salt out of my diet and replaced it with much healthier stuff. I can't believe the result!!

I really think it's changed the way I think about food. For example, right now I'm snacking on guacamole with cucumber slices instead of chips. I don't even have to cut out chips anymore - it's just what I wanted! Don't get me wrong, I still craved chips (or salty things, really), but not nearly as often as I thought I would. And chips used to kind of be my comfort/reward food. And guess what - I didn't die without them! I was able to control myself and life didn't end. I know that sounds ridiculous - it's just food. But when you become attached to something and you see it as a comfort, sometimes it feels really hard to do without it. Food becomes your security blanket.

But coming from someone who LOVES food and LOVES bad food, life will go on when you change your diet. Yes, things will change, but only in the best ways. You will not be starving, you will not feel deprived, you will thank yourself. All I remember about this week is that I've felt fuller than normal and I've had a lot more energy. Not the fact that I cut out a food that I love.

My challenge paid off! What will you challenge yourself with?

No comments:

Post a Comment