Friday, November 22, 2013

Clean Eating - Day 17

Hello friends!

I've waited to share something, because I've been pondering over it for a couple of days. I mentioned from my post this weekend that I kicked Ryan's BUTT (and my own as well) in the gym. The whole time through the workout, I wasn't really sure how Ryan was feeling about it. He wasn't talking much, and though could see he was definitely getting a workout in, it looked like he was hating every minute of it. But, after we had cooled down and stretched and eaten lunch, he said something that really surprised me. We were talking about the workout, and he said, "You know, I think you might have a future as a physical trainer, if that's something that would interest you."

That was really cool to hear. Though I know I'm not the fittest person in the world, I enjoy working out and challenging myself. I particularly like helping someone do something they didn't they could do before. It's one of the things I loved about teaching music. Seeing someone lift more weight than they thought or run farther than they thought - it's inspiring to see and I love to be a part of it. So - that's really something for me to think about. I'm going to continue to make workouts for Ryan and I to do together on the weekend. And if any of you readers out there want to work out with me, please let me know! If you're not close by, you can certainly take the workouts I post and challenge yourself with them. Let me know how they go for you!

Here's the food log for today. Still going strong into the last few days of this challenge!

6:30am - Wake Up

7:30am - Apple Peach and Cinnamon Protein Shake (Take the apple cinnamon shake recipe and add frozen peaches and a little extra almond milk if needed. It's quite good!)

12:00pm - Grilled shrimp with garlic and spinach. Green beans seasoned to taste. Water.

4:00pm - Almonds, grapes, strawberries. Iced tea.

9:30pm - Hummus and carrot slices. Water.

Today was the day I have my rehearsal until about 9, so I don't get home until 9:30. I was a bit hungry by then, but I didn't want to eat anything too heavy for dinner since I knew I was going to bed soon after. We had some hummus we bought to make with turkey wraps tomorrow, and pre-made carrot slices (also for the turkey wraps), so after making lunch for the next day, I munched on that. Ryan and I found this AMAZING hummus at HEB. It's called Grandma's Hummus with Organic Garbanzo Beans. Ryan doesn't even usually like hummus, but he loved this stuff. It's also at our Natural Grocery Store nearby. So check your local grocery store for this delicious treat! If you can't find this brand, just check any hummus label and make sure you have natural ingredients in there. Hummus is a great natural protein source, especially if you eat it with something healthy like vegetables. But some brands still run the risk of added sugar or preservatives that you just don't need. Honestly - this natural hummus was better than any other packaged hummus I've ever had.

So that was today! Pretty simple but delicious meals for the day. I will say that we are getting a little tired of cooking for evvvvvvery single meal. We haven't been as good this week about planning meals that made more than one portion, so that we could take the leftovers for lunch the next day. But we wanted to try out some new recipes, so that was a decision we made. And luckily - all those meals have been QUITE delicious.

Alright, ya'll, 17 days down and 4 more to go! Love health and harmony to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment