Monday, February 15, 2010

A Temporary Break

This week kicked my butt. When I wasn't running my butt off, I was exhausted. I often didn't have time to get to my computer to log my WW points. So, around Saturday, I decided to make this a week off. I didn't make horrible decisions, but I certainly didn't follow the diet like I usually would have.

Interestingly, I discovered something. I was thinking about picking up fast food on Saturday on the way home from a gig. Now, the old Danielle would have had no problem going through the McDonald's drive through and ordering the double quarter pound with cheese and a large fry. But no matter what fast food place I thought of, nothing sounded good enough for me to waste that many calories on. it was the most bizarre feeling - I can't say I've ever not wanted fattening food. It wasn't even guilt really that kept me away, just a feeling of it not being worth it. Who knew almost 2 months on a diet could change you that much? I ended up going to Chili's and getting a house salad and chips and salsa. (I'm not calling myself a saint - I ate about half of that bag of chips.)

I'll be interested to see what happens on Wednesday when I weigh-in. I'm expecting either to maintain or gain around a pound. I'm doing my best to not look at this as a step back, but instead as a well-deserved (and needed, for the sake of my sanity) break. Even if I gain, which will be sad, you get what you work for. And I just didn't have the time or energy to put in the work this week. So, not every week is a success. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a very reasonable and balanced perspective about this week. And congrats on the fast food mindset change! By the way, a few of my friends and I are planning to come see the Wendel Band on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete